Posters at Quantum Australia 2024
Get your research in front of potential collaborators, investors, employers and more!
Poster Viewing + Pitch your Research Sessions
In-person poster viewing sessions will be held throughout the Quantum Australia 2024 program. The poster sessions provide an opportunity for postgraduate students and early career researchers to showcase their current and innovative research. A $500 People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the poster that receives the most votes from conference attendees.
For the first time at Quantum Australia, we are also introducing a ‘Pitch Your Research’ session to provide authors an opportunity to present their research poster on the main stage. Up to 5 poster authors (1 author per poster) will be chosen* to provide a 5-minute elevator pitch on stage. A panel of judges will award $500 to the winner of the best pitch, and $250 to the runner-up.
Submissions are now closed. We will be contacting applicants shortly. For any enquires please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note: where the first poster author is a student or Early Career Researcher active (working or collaborating) within the Australian quantum community, this will be an advantage
Important Dates and Deadlines
- 17 November 2023 - Poster abstract submissions due (NOW CLOSED)
- Week of 4 December 2023 - Successful poster authors notified and invited to submit an expression of interest (EoIs) for the Pitch Your Research session
- 19 January 2024 - Poster acceptance + conference registration + EoIs due for the ‘Pitch Your Research’ session
- Week of 5 February 2024 - Poster viewing times + Pitch your research session participants notified
- 20-22 February 2024 - Quantum Australia 2024 Conference & Careers Fair**
- 22 February 2024 - People's Choice winner announced.
** Please note: If your abstract has been accepted, at least one poster author needs to attend in-person a minimum of one day of the conference. Quantum Australia 2024 has a range of in-person ticket options starting from only $100 for Student One Day In-Person Tickets (Early Bird pricing). Please note Early Bird pricing ends on the 17 December 2023.
All accepted posters will be displayed in-person at Quantum Australia 2024. Each poster will be allocated a specific poster session time.
Display guidelines are listed as below:
- Posters will need to be displayed on one page and in portrait orientation.
- Posters must be A0 size (841mm wide x 1188 mm high). Poster authors will need to arrange poster printing themselves.
- Please ensure that all authors and co-authors and their affiliations are listed on your poster.
- At least one poster author must register and attend a minimum of one day of the conference for in-person discussions with attendees at the event.
Criteria for Posters
The main factors to be considered for your poster are as follows:
- Clarity: The objectives of the research presented are clearly described.
- Relevance: The research aligns with quantum science and technology.
- Methodology: The methods used (including the design, implementation, and analysis) are clearly described and appropriate to achieving the research objectives.
- Presentation: The poster is logical, interesting, clearly written, and free of grammatical or typographical errors. (Please note: quantum expertise will vary among conference attendees, so please keep this in mind when preparing your poster!).
Poster Display Time Notifications
Poster viewing session, bump in and bump out times will be allocated and sent to the first author via e-mail notification on the Week of 5 February 2024 .
If you have any questions on the above, please contact email@example.com
Submitting an EOI for the Pitch Your Research Session?
All first authors of accepted poster abstracts are eligible to submit an EOI for the new Pitch Your Research session. The EOI must be completed and submitted with a video of your pitch by 19 January 2024.
EOI Video & Pitch Guidelines:
- Maximum of four PowerPoint slides (including title and end slide)
- Keep it simple - no animation or music
- Presentation must not exceed 5 minutes
- Presentation must be in English
- Video pitches to be provided in MP4 format (We suggest filming your pitch and presentation using Zoom and then sending the MP4 recording)
Pitch Videos will be judged by the following criteria:
- Clarity: The objectives, results and impact of the research presented are clearly described.
- Structure: The presentation is well structured and follows a logical sequence, delivered within the set time limit (5 minutes).
- Presentation: The presenter speaks clearly, is engaging and can confidently speak to the research presented.
- Relevance: The pitch reflects the submitted poster abstract and is relevant to quantum science and technology
Please note: if your EOI is successful and you are selected to present your pitch on the big stage – you will be required to answer up to 2 minutes of questions from the judging panel following your 5 minute pitch and presentation.
Successful Pitch Your Research participants will be notified via email on 5 February 2024.
If you have any questions on the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.