Posters at Quantum Australia 2023
An in-person poster session will be held throughout the 3-day program at Quantum Australia 2023 Conference and Careers Fair. The posters will provide an opportunity for researchers to showcase their current and innovative research to attendees*.
A $500 People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the poster who receives the most votes from attendees during the conference program, as well as $250 to the runner-up.
*Note preference will be given to abstracts where the first poster author is an Early Career Researcher active within the Australian quantum community.
PLEASE NOTE: Poster abstract submissions have now closed.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Accepted Abstracts:
- 20 January 2023 – Poster acceptance form due + Conference registration deadline for successful poster authors
- 20 February 2023 - Poster set up at the conference venue
- Week of 30 January - we will notify you of your scheduled poster viewing time.
- 21-23 February 2023 – Quantum Australia 2023 Conference & Careers Fair - In person poster sessions**
- Post event – People's Choice winner announced
** Please note: If your abstract has been accepted, at least one poster author needs to attend in-person a minimum of one day of the conference to present your poster.
How will your poster be presented?
All accepted posters will be displayed in-person at Quantum Australia 2023, to be held at Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park on 21-23 February 2023. Each poster will be displayed for the full three days of the conference and careers fair, and poster sessions will be held throughout.
Guidelines are listed as below:
- Posters will need to be displayed on one page and in portrait orientation.
- Posters must be AO size (841mm wide x 1188 mm high)
- Please ensure that all authors and co-authors and their affiliations are listed on your poster
- At least one poster author must register and attend a minimum of one day of the conference for in-person discussions* with attendees at the event.
*Please note, there will be no online poster sessions at Quantum Australia 2023. Poster presentations and viewing will be in-person only. There will be dedicated times for attendees to view posters on each day that are highlighted in the program.
Quantum Australia 2023 has a range of in-person ticket options for students, starting from only $110 for the One Day In-Person Ticket, which also includes access to the full 3-day event live stream and on-demand content.
Criteria for Posters
The main factors to be considered for your poster are as follows:
- Clarity – The objectives of the research presented are clearly described.
- Relevance – The research aligns with quantum science and technology.
- Methodology – The methods used (including the design, implementation, and analysis) are clearly described and appropriate to achieving the research objectives.
- Presentation – The poster is logical, interesting, clearly written, and free of grammatical or typographical errors. (Please note: quantum expertise will vary among conference attendees, so please keep this in mind when preparing your abstract).
Further instructions will be provided to successful applicants closer to the event date, including event bump in and scheduled poster presentation times.