Posters at Quantum Australia 2022
An online poster session proudly sponsored by PsiQuantum will be included in Day 3 of the program at Quantum Australia 2022 conference and careers fair. The posters will provide an opportunity for researchers to showcase their current and innovative research to attendees*.
A $500 People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the poster who receives the most votes from attendees during the conference program, as well as $250 to the runner-up.
*Note preference will be given to abstracts where the first poster author is an Early Career Researcher active within the Australian quantum community.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- 28 November 2021 – Poster abstracts due
- 6 December 2021 – Authors/applicants notified of abstract submission outcome
- 6 February 2022 – Posters and optional video submissions due
- 25 February 2022 – Online Careers Fair and Posters (note all poster authors must be available during scheduled poster viewing times)
- Post event – People's Choice winner announced
Please note poster abstract submissions have now closed.
All accepted posters will be displayed in a gallery view, searchable via keywords in the poster title on the Quantum Australia online platform. This platform will only be open to registered Quantum Australia attendees.
Each poster will have a dedicated page. This page will include an:
- Accepted abstract
- A one-page Poster (PDF & JPG)
- A three-minute recorded poster presentation video (optional)
- Live 1:1 SMS and 1:1 Video Chat functions allowing attendees to ask questions of authors.
No live presentations will be given, but poster authors are able to participate in real-time discussions with attendees using the 1:1 SMS and 1:1 Video Chat functions.
First authors of accepted posters will be required to register and attend online on Day 3 of the conference and be available to respond to any queries from conference attendees. There will be dedicated times for attendees to view posters that are highlighted in the program.
While the 3-minute video is optional we highly recommend that authors consider recording a video to make the most of the opportunity.
Poster Abstract Notifications
Once a poster abstract is submitted, the only means of communication and notification of status will be sent via e-mail. Only the first author will be sent a letter of notification indicating the acceptance or rejection of an abstract via the e-mail provided.
Abstract results will be sent to the first author via e-mail notification on 6 December 2021.
All posters and the optional videos much be submitted by Monday 6 February 2022. A form to submit posters will be supplied to accepted abstract authors on 6 December 2021.
- 1 page only
- PDF & JPG Format
Poster authors — Contact information for all poster authors and naming the first author will be required.
- Please name your submitted files as follows (please use the name of the first author):
- Poster files: Lastname_Firstname (pdf) and Lastname_Firstname (jpg)
- Video file: please upload your video to Youtube, Vimeo or other video hosting site and enter link address on the submission form. If you are unable to provide a link to Youtube or similar, please contact the event organiser via email@example.com
All attendees will be able to access both your abstract and your Poster PDF from your presentation listing on the event platform. Posters will also be displayed on the event platform for 6 weeks post event.
Optional Recorded Three-Minute Video
Poster authors will be given the option to provide an optional three-minute video describing their poster. The three-minute video may include a PowerPoint as an accompaniment.
Your video can be recorded and uploaded to Vimeo, YouTube or any other external video platform so it can be embedded within the poster page.
To record, we usually recommend using either Zoom or Loom as they're the most user-friendly options. For mac users, they could also use the built-in app Quicktime player that also records your camera or screen.
Please see video instructions here.