Posters at Quantum Australia 2022
Call for Poster Abstracts
An online poster session proudly sponsored by PsiQuantum will be included in Day 3 of the program at Quantum Australia 2022 conference and careers fair. The posters will provide an opportunity for researchers to showcase their current and innovative research to attendees*.
A $500 People’s Choice Award will be awarded to the poster who receives the most votes from attendees during the conference program, as well as $250 to the runner-up.
*Note preference will be given to abstracts where the first poster author is an Early Career Researcher active within the Australian quantum community.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- 28 November 2021 – Poster abstracts due
- 6 December 2021 – Authors/applicants notified of abstract submission outcome
- 6 February 2022 – Posters and optional video submissions due
- 25 February 2022 – Online Careers Fair and Posters (note all poster authors must be available during scheduled poster viewing times)
- Post event – People's Choice winner announced
** PLEASE NOTE: All poster authors who previously submitted for the postponed 2021 event will need to resubmit an abstract for the new rescheduled 2022 dates via the poster abstract submission form listed below.
Poster Abstract Guidelines
All accepted posters will be displayed in a gallery view, searchable via keywords in the poster title on the Quantum Australia online platform. This platform will only be open to registered Quantum Australia attendees.
Each poster will have a dedicated page. This page will include an:
- Accepted abstract
- A one-page Poster (PDF)
- A three-minute recorded poster presentation video (optional)
- Live 1:1 SMS and 1:1 Video Chat functions allowing attendees to ask questions of authors.
No live presentations will be given, but poster authors are able to participate in real-time discussions with attendees using the 1:1 SMS and 1:1 Video Chat functions.
First authors of accepted posters will be required to register and attend online on Day 3 of the conference and be available to respond to any queries from conference attendees. There will be dedicated times for attendees to view posters that are highlighted in the program.
While the 3-minute video is optional we highly recommend that authors consider recording a video to make the most of the opportunity.
What is the poster abstract submission process?
- Abstracts must be submitted via POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM - QUANTUM AUSTRALIA 2022 by 28 November 2021.
- All previous poster abstract author submissions for the postponed 2021 event will need to resubmit their poster abstracts for the new rescheduled 2022 dates.
- If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Event Organisers at email@example.com for further information.
- Use single line spacing. No tables, figures or images are allowed.
- Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- If you wish to withdraw or make changes to a submitted abstract prior to the deadline 28 November 2021 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts will be reviewed as submitted by the abstract deadline. No changes to abstract text will be permitted after 28 November 2021.
What are the key submission elements for the abstract?
Each abstract submission must include the following elements:
- Title of Poster (128 character limit with spaces): The title should clearly and succinctly identify the contents of the abstract. Be sure to use title casing. Capitalize the first letter of each word (except prepositions, articles, and names). Please note that the keywords in your title is how delegates will search for your poster.
- Authors and Affiliations: Enter each author separately and identify whether the individual is the first author or a co-author. Enter each name by providing the author’s name and organisation name only.
- Abstract Topic: The abstract topic must be relevant to quantum science and technology
- Abstract length – Abstracts must not exceed a 200-word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions.
Criteria for Poster Abstract Acceptance
The main factors considered to qualify abstracts for acceptance are as follows:
- Clarity – The objectives of the research presented are clearly described.
- Relevance – The research aligns with quantum science and technology
- Methodology – The methods used (including the design, implementation, and analysis) are clearly described and appropriate to achieving the research objectives.
- Presentation – The abstract is logical, interesting, clearly written, and free of grammatical or typographical errors. (Please note: quantum expertise will vary among conference attendees, so please keep this in mind when preparing your abstract.)
Abstracts will be rejected by the reviewers for the following reasons:
- Abstract Not Appropriate – The content of the abstract is not relevant to the Quantum Australia conference and/or quantum science and technology.
- Promotional in Nature – The abstract was written to promote a specific company or organisation’s product, service or procedure.
- Abstract is not an original work and/or infringes the copyright/intellectual property of another individual/entity’s research or work.
Poster Abstract Notifications
Once a poster abstract is submitted, the only means of communication and notification of status will be sent via e-mail. Only the first author will be sent a letter of notification indicating the acceptance or rejection of an abstract via the e-mail provided.
Abstract results will be sent to the first author via e-mail notification on 6 December 2021.
All posters and the optional videos much be submitted by Monday 6 February 2022. A form to submit posters will be supplied to accepted abstract authors on 6 December 2021.
- 1 page only
- PDF Format
Poster authors — Contact information for all poster authors and naming the first author will be required.
- Please name your submitted files as follows (please use the name of the first author):
- Poster file: poster_ Lastname_Firstname (pdf)
- Video file: please upload your video to Youtube, Vimeo or other video hosting site and enter link address on the submission form. If you are unable to provide a link to Youtube or similar, please contact the event organiser via email@example.com
All attendees will be able to access both your abstract and your Poster PDF from your presentation listing on the event platform. Posters will also be displayed on the event platform for 6 weeks post event.
Optional Recorded Three-Minute Video
Poster authors will be given the option to provide an optional three-minute video describing their poster. The three-minute video may include a PowerPoint as an accompaniment.
Your video can be recorded and uploaded to Vimeo, YouTube or any other external video platform so it can be embedded within the poster page.
To record, we usually recommend using either Zoom or Loom as they're the most user-friendly options. For mac users, they could also use the built-in app Quicktime player that also records your camera or screen.
Submit your poster abstract HERE by 28 November 2021.